Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program
Canada is the most sought after destination for immigrants. The country offers ample opportunities for immigrants to move in and work there. Canada federal skilled worker program is the name of the program through which immigrants can apply. Applications under this program are processed through Canada Express Entry Selection System. The applicants have to create an online Express Entry Profile to file their PR application for Canada.
The selection is based on a point system, in which, you need to score a minimum 67 points out of 100. Your occupation must fall under the “skilled occupation list” of Canada for you to be eligible.
Eligibility criteria for Canada federal skilled worker applications -
Once you have successfully submitted your application form, it will be assessed on eligibility bars as per the criteria described below -
- Minimum one year of regular and paid experience (full/part time) within last 10 years.
- Skill type 0, A or B as per the National Occupational Qualification of Canada.
- Minimum English language benchmark
After clearing the eligibility barrier your work experience is counted. Following are the necessary clauses you must fulfil to immigrate to Canada under FSW program -
- Your work experience must be within last 10 years for at least one year in the same job.
- It should be regular and paid (full time/equal amount of part time).
Skills required for Federal Skilled Worker Program Canada-
Skills are classified in three categories-
- Skill type 0- Managerial occupations.
- Skill level A- Professional occupations.
- Skill level B- Technical occupations/ skilled trades.
National Occupational Classification is one of the most popular systems used to classify jobs in Canada.
The threshold language ability for FSW program is CLB 7. You need a minimum score in the language ability test to meet the requirements. This is mandatory for Canada FSW program.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by a CIC approved agency (to shows that your credentials are equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary or secondary educational credential).
The application form is proceeded based on the following criteria -
- Work Experience
- Language skills
Proof of funds
You have to show proof expressing enough funds to support the family and self after reaching Canada.
Permanent Residence Fee
Once your FSW application is granted, you have to pay the Permanent resident fee. The fee is to be paid before you receive your PR visa from CIC. Fee for medical examination, language test, and police clearance is additional.
Read what our Customers say...
My friend advised to consult ISA global for immigration. Services are amazing and hassle free. They have true professionalism. I would recommend.
Appreciate their way of working and commitment toward the clients.
They helped me in IELTS preparation to immigrate Canada. Good experience with ISA.
A good company for those seeking help in immigration. Recommended.
They were really helpful and professional while resolving my concerns. I feel good about choosing ISA as my immigration assistant to Canada.
I am happy with their services. They give timely response to the queries and clear all related doubts. Good job ISA.
SANDEEP KUMAR VERMA
Latest News for Canada Immigration