British Columbia – Express Entry: Skilled Worker
Skilled workers are facing tremendous popularity and are in exclusively high demand to satisfy the economic requirements for Canada’s British Columbia. A quicker and more meticulous approach to access permanent residency within the province is to opt for its Express Entry pathway targeting the Skilled Workers’ stream, abbreviated as EEBC. This belongs to BC’s Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). Qualification requirements involve the acceptance of a valid job offer from an employer residing within the province of BC. Additional requirements would be having relevant experience and training pertaining to the job position and the province’s culture. As this EEBC pathway is directly connected to the IRCC’s Express Entry (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), the application for PR is automatically leveraged as compared to applying openly.
In order to determine whether you can apply for this category or not, there are a few necessities you’d have to meet:
- must possess an EE profile number along with a Job Seeker Validation Code directly associated with the Express Entry system of the IRCC. This way you prove you’re satisfying the criteria of at least one of these following programs: the Federal Skilled Trades Program, the Canadian Experience Class, or the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
- must have accepted a job offer having full-time status which is indeterminate, indicating it is a permanent job position and possesses no fixed terminal date. It should be conferred upon by an employer from the province of BC. It should be listed down as a skilled occupation in the NOC (National Occupational Classification) either as Skill Level A/B or Skill Type 0.
- must possess the necessary qualifications to begin working in the BC job.
- must be in possession of a minimum of 2 years’ work experience relevant to the job type.
- must prove your financial abilities to support yourself and other dependants.
- must possess or comply with the eligibility criteria for receiving legal immigration into Canada.
- must possess sufficient language proficiency skills.
- must possess a salary offer that complies with the rates offered within the province of BC.
Eligibility of the Employer
Whoever your employer is, he/she must be totally self-consenting towards providing support through your application. During the application process, it is mandatory for him/her to satisfy eligibility criteria and oblige to certain responsibilities.
Process of Applying
One needs to generate a personal profile using the virtual application and registration system, that is, BCPNP Online. Post the submission of one’s registration, a score gets reproduced indicative of factors like the type of job, working experience, and skills possessed. On a period basis, those scoring high points receive invitations to apply through the BCPNP Online.
Kickstarting the Process
It’s advisable to stay updated with the program’s essential requirements and other related information at all points in time. There exists a guide labeled the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide for getting accurate and genuine data regarding the same. If you’re interested in getting a detailed breakdown right up to the specifics, you can refer to the BC PNP SI & EEBC Information Sheet for Workers. It’s important to keep checking whether you have the latest versions of the guides for your reference.