Canada Dependent Visa for Spouse

Let’s understand what Canada Dependent visa is?And how ISA Global can help you to get through the process. Canada Dependent Visa is approved for the spouse or dependent children of the person residing in Canada. It is exclusively for partners or spouse, and allow them to visit and stay along with the partner in Canada. In order to acquire dependent spouse visa,there are essential requirements that both the applicant and the sponsor should meet. And they are as mentioned below:

Canada Spouse Visa Requirements:

  • The sponsor must be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  • To be a sponsor you should be at least 18 years or older.
  • To be eligible to become a sponsor for dependent children or spouse, you must support them financially. And hence you must meet certain income requirements.
  • Sponsor should sign a sponsorship contract of 3 years with Canadian administration to financially support the partner or spouse and children.
  • The applicant’s age should be above 16 years.
  • You may not be allowed to sponsor another person if you have previously sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later turned to the government for financial assistance.
  • If the couple is married in Canada, they have to provide marriage certificate issued by the province.

To get eligible to sponsor in this category:

  • A financial support should be provided for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for 3 years from the date they become a permanent resident.
  • For a dependent child you must provide financial support for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.

Visa processing time and Visa Application form:

  • For Canada Spouse visa, the processing time varies depending on applicants’ location, documents, and his/her profile.
  • The visa application forms are accepted in two ways i.e. within Canada and outside of Canada.


We at ISA Global provide youthe support and appropriate advice for your visa application and with the help of the immigration specialists, we can provide best resettlement solutions. An experienced Immigration agent will take care of your application right from reviewing the documents, filing your application to getting your Visa.

Call us or Fill the Free Canada Assessment Form and one of our Expert Counselor will get in touch with you shortly.

One Comment

  1. Kaustubh Chemburkar

    February 20, 2017 at 7:53 pm

    Already have a PR, need support to get a job and to keep PR valid


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Register for Free Webinar