Glimpse Into Australia’s Varied Partner/Spouse Visas

Every year, a rising number of people migrate to Australia in search of better work prospects, greater education, and a better quality of life. Immigrants’ primary goal when they arrive in Australia is to establish down before bringing their spouses or partners in on a partner visa; however, this is not as simple as it may look.

Applying for an Australian partner visa necessitates meticulous paperwork, and insufficient information frequently results in denial, leaving applicants at a loss. Let’s have a look at what an Australia Spouse/ Partner Visa is and what papers you’ll need to apply for one.

A spouse or de-facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, or eligible New Zealand citizen may migrate to and live in Australia on an Australian spouse or partner visa.

For an Australian partner visa, you must be in a true and genuine relationship with your partner, as well as have your partner sponsor you for two years. If you are married, you will be required to give documentation that your marriage is lawful under Australian law. However, most of the time, simply presenting your marriage certificate is sufficient.

Whether you’re applying as a spouse or a de-facto partner, you’ll need to pass the Australian migration law’s health and character test.

You must have been in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months if you are applying as a de-facto partner. Although proving a de-facto relationship is challenging, you can do so using the following methods:

  • By exhibiting an understanding of each other’s particular circumstances.
  • Mortgages, property ownership, and bank statements are examples of large financial or real estate assets that are held jointly.
  • Evidence of combined travel might be provided in the form of shared household accounts.
  • Providing statutory declarations from members of your family or social circle, such as parents or other family members, relatives, friends, and so on.

Understanding the differences between Partner Visa Subclass 820 and 801 Visa Subclass 820 will allow you to live in Australia on a Partner Visa. As previously stated, you will be needed to be sponsored by your partner for a two-year term.

If you want to stay in Australia permanently after two years, you can apply for a permanent resident visa subclass 801. Partner Temporary Visa Onshore (Visa Subclass 820), and Partner Permanent Visa Onshore (Visa Subclass 801). You can, of course, apply for a temporary visa 820 while you are in Australia. You must already be in possession of a student, visiting, or working vacation visa.

If you live outside of Australia and are married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian permanent resident, an Australian citizen, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, you can apply for Visa subclass 309. Visa 309 is a stepping stone to the Partner Migrant Visa subclass 100, also known as the Permanent Partner Visa.

In other words, you do not need to submit separate visa 309 and visa 100 applications because they are both processed in two stages and are part of the same procedure.

You must be residing outside of Australia when applying for a Provisional visa category 309. You could be in or out of Australia when applying for a Partner Migrant Visa Subclass 100, on the other hand.

You can apply for Visa subclass 300 if you are engaged to an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen and live outside of Australia. At the time of application and when the visa is granted, you must be residing outside of Australia. You must be your fiancé’s opposite.

You’ll need your fiancé(é) to sponsor you. Both of you must have met in person as adults and be of marriageable age at the time of your visa application. You must intend to live with your partner as a spouse after marriage, and your marriage must be legally recognized in Australia. Because this visa is only valid for 9 months, you must marry your partner within that time frame.

When it comes to Partner/Spouse/Prospective Spouse Visas, there is no one-size-fits-all solution, and a lot relies on your specific situation or circumstances.

Because the process involves a lot of paperwork and complicated processes, it’s best to consult a competent and certified migration and visa counselor. On behalf of our clients, we have submitted thousands of visa applications, all of which have been processed in record time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Subscribe to our Newsletter