Manitoba holds biggest Skilled Worker in MB draw so far this year
Manitoba invited 367 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination, majority of them were skilled workers in the province.
The candidates were invited through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). Out of which, majority of the candidates may be eligible for the Skilled Worker in Manitoba stream. The invited candidates are temporary foreign workers and international student graduates having job offers in skilled occupations in the province.
Candidates were invited through a total of three streams:
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams:
- International Education Stream, and
- Skilled Workers Overseas
The skilled worker streams include points cut-off scores because they require candidates to have an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile. the following are the results of Manitoba’s April 27 draw:
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba— 301 invitations with a minimum EOI score of 440;
- Skilled Workers Overseas— 11 invitations with a minimum EOI score of 721; and
- International Education Stream— 55 invitations with no EOI score requirement.
A total of 34 invitations were sent to the candidates of Express Entry, which is also knowns as Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs). Manitoba has now invited 2,636 PNP candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in 2021.