Are you looking to settle in Canada permanently? If you have already worked in Canada or completed a recognized Canadian educational program, Canada Experience Class might be the perfect visa for you! In this guide, we will discuss the requirements for this visa and how to apply.
What is the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a visa category for foreign workers who have already gained work experience in Canada. The CEC is an appealing option for foreign workers and international graduates who wish to obtain Canadian permanent residency. The CEC is one of three systems run by IRCC in Canada's Express Entry system.
In 2008, the Canadian government launched the CEC as a way to fast-track permanent residency for foreign workers with skilled Canadian work experience. The program was designed to target highly educated and skilled foreign workers who were already working in Canada on a temporary basis.
Eligibility for Canadian Experience Class
In order to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Work experience: Applicants must have at least one year of full-time work experience in Canada, or the equivalent in part-time work, within the past three years.
Language proficiency: Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements for their job category, as set out by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Intent to live outside Quebec: Applicants must intend to live outside the province of Quebec.
Basic admissibility: Applicants must be admissible to Canada, meaning they must have a clean criminal record and not pose a security risk to the country.
Do note that there is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class.
However, you will need to get your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from approved assessment authorities to increase the CRS score.
Benefits of CEC Canada
- The Canadian Experience Class provides a fast-track option for foreign workers who have already gained work experience in Canada.
- It also allows these workers to apply for permanent residence without having to first obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- CEC applicants are more likely to be employed and earn higher salaries than other immigrants as they tend to enter the workforce at a younger age, establish social and professional networks faster, and leave their country for study or job sooner.
- Candidates that have worked and lived in Canada for at least one year may earn more Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points under Express Entry. This improves their chances of obtaining permanent residency.
- Candidates who pass the CEC requirements are usually able to acquire permanent residence status within six months.
- Candidates who meet CEC requirements do not have to show IRCC that they possess settlement funds in order to obtain permanent residence.
How to Apply for CEC Canada?
There are two ways to apply for the Canadian Experience Class: a temporary foreign worker or an international student.
How to Apply as Temporary Foreign Workers
- Complete required experience: You will need at least one year of full-time work experience in Canada, or the equivalent of part-time work, within the past three years.
- Obtain a certificate for language proficiency: You will need to take a language test to show that you meet the minimum language requirements for your job category.
- Create Express Entry Profile: The next step is to create an Express Entry profile. You will need to provide information about yourself, including your age, work experience, education, and language skills. Once you have created your profile, you will be given a score based on the information you provided. The higher your score, the better your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence. If you are eligible for the Canadian Experience Class, you will be given extra points under the Express Entry system. This will improve your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence.
How to apply as an international student
Applying as an international student is the same as applying as a temporary foreign worker, with a few exceptions. You will need to:
- Get a degree from designated institutes: You will need to have a degree from a designated Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Get PGWP (post-graduate work permit): You must have a valid post-graduate work permit to apply for the Canadian Experience Class. You will not need a job offer in order to apply for the Canadian Experience Class. However, you must have worked in Canada for at least one year within the past three years.
- Get Canadian work experience: You will need to have at least one year of full-time work experience in Canada or the equivalent of part-time work. Your work experience must be in an occupation that is listed under National Occupational Classification (NOC) categories 0, A, or B.
- Obtain a certificate for language proficiency: You will need to take a language test to show that you meet the minimum language requirements for your job category. The two official languages of Canada are English and French. You can take a language test from one of the following organizations: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP), Test d'Ã©valuation de franÃ§ais (TEF), International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Create Express Entry Profile: The next step is to create an Express Entry profile. You will need to provide information about yourself, including your age, work experience, education, and language skills. Once you have created your profile, you will be given a score based on the information you provided. The higher your score, the better your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence.
Cost of Applying for Canada CEC
The cost of applying for the Canadian Experience Class varies depending on the number of applicants. Here is a brief summary:
|Right of Permanent Residence fee
|Principal applicant fee
|Spouse application fee
|Dependent child application fee
Source: Fee list | Government of Canada
How can ISA Global help you get Canada PR through CEC program?
- ISA Global has been helping people immigrate to Canada for over a decade now.
- We provide end-to-end assistance with the process, right from IELTS preparation and education assessment to filling out the forms and submitting them to IRCC.
- We can help you with the entire process of applying for the Canadian Experience Class and increase your chances of getting permanent residency in Canada.
- We have a team of experienced immigration consultants who have helped many people get PR through the CEC program.
If you would like to know more about our services, please register with us today. We would be happy to discuss your specific needs and tailor a solution that best suits you.
You can register for our free webinar at:
Read what our Customers say...
The team of ISA Global is very cooperative and you don't have to worry about any legal procedure. I really had an amazing experience with ISA Global.
Cordial staff and organized way of working. I like their service.
SANDEEP KUMAR VERMA
Heard about it from my friend. Interested in attending a seminar of them and then wanted to proceed further with that
They were really helpful and professional while resolving my concerns. I feel good about choosing ISA as my immigration assistant to Canada.
ISA is doing a very nice job. Got my visa for Canada on time.
Satisfied with their services. Quick response to the queries and friendly guidance is really appreciable. Good job!
I want to apply for the canada pr, taking the help of ISA GLOBAL. Please guide me.
ISA Global offered a friendly assistance during my immigration process. I am completely satisfied with their services.
Before i came to ISA I used to think immigration is a tough process. Thanks to their staff for making it a breeze for me and my husband.
Latest News for Canada Immigration