Are you interested in immigrating to Canada? If so, you're in luck! This guide will provide you with all the information you need to get started. We will discuss the different types of visas available, the application process, and what to expect after you arrive in Canada. So whether you are a student, worker, or business owner, there is sure to be a visa that fits your needs!
Canada is a North American country located just above the United States. It is the world’s second-largest country by total area, and its population is around 39 million people. Canada has a diverse landscape, with forests, mountains, lakes and rivers. The capital of Canada is Ottawa, and its largest city is Toronto. Canada is a bilingual country, with English and French being the two official languages.
Benefits of Immigrating to Canada
- The high standard of living: Canada is ranked as one of the best countries in the world to live in terms of quality of life. It has a strong economy and provides its citizens with free healthcare and education.
- The diverse culture: Canada is a multicultural country with people from all over the world. This diversity is one of its strengths and makes it an exciting place to live.
- The natural beauty: From the Rocky Mountains to the Niagara Falls, there are many beautiful places to explore in Canada
- Free health facilities: Health is a fundamental human right and is guaranteed to all Canadians through their public health care system.
- The education system: The Canadian education system is one of the best in the world and offers many opportunities for students.
Why Canada needs immigrants
- To help grow the economy: Immigrants are key to Canada’s economic growth. They start businesses, create jobs and help drive innovation.
- To offset the aging population: Canada’s population is aging and immigrants are needed to help fill the resulting labour shortage.
- To build a strong future: Immigrants bring new ideas, skills, and perspectives that are essential for building a strong future for Canada.
How to move to Canada from India
If you’re interested in moving to Canada from India, there are a few things you need to do.
- First, you will need to determine if you are eligible to apply for a visa.
- Second, you will need to gather the required documents.
- Third, you will need to submit your application and pay the associated fees.
Once you have done all of this and get approval, you will be able to move to Canada!
The first step in applying for a visa is to determine if you are eligible. To be eligible for a visa, you must meet the following criteria
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
- You must be in good health.
- You must have done a post-secondary course.
- You must have at least 1 year of continuous full-time paid experience.
- You must be able to prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, you will also need to gather the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Two recent passport photo
- A completed application form
- Proof of your financial status (such as bank statements or pay stubs)
Canada Immigration Programs
There are many different immigration programs available to people who want to move to Canada. The program that is right for you will depend on your individual circumstances. There are many factors to consider when choosing an immigration program. Some of the things you should take into account include your age, your education, your work experience and your language skills. You should also consider whether you have a job offer in Canada. Choosing the right immigration program can be difficult, but it is important to choose one that is right for you.
There are 3 immigration programs managed through Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker Program is one of the most popular immigration programs in Canada.
The target audience for this program are skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to obtain Canadian permanent residency.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
Skilled work experience: Skilled work experience means that you've worked in one of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) job categories. Managers (skill type 0), Professional occupations (skill level A) or Technical professions and skilled trades (skill level B). Your must have work experience of at least 1 year of full-time paid, continuous employment.
Language ability: You must prove your language ability in either English or French by taking a language test from an authorized agency and getting results that show you meet the minimum required levels. IDP is an authorized agency that can provide you with an English language proficiency test. CLB is the Canadian Language Benchmark that is used to determine your language ability. The minimum required levels is at least six band in each module of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Educational requirements: To meet the educational requirements, you must have completed a post-secondary education from any Canadian institute or equivalent like a Canadian institute.
If you have done your education from any country other than Canada then you must have a valid credential and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from a designated organization that certifies that your education is equivalent to a completed certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.
Proof of funds: You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. This is called "proving financial ability." The amount of money you need is based on the size of your family. You must also take a settlement funds test to show that you have enough money to support yourself in Canada. The amount of money you need for this varies depending on the number of people in your family.
Your application will be evaluated based on the following factors. If you fulfil all of the necessary criteria: Age, education, work experience, English and/or French language abilities and adaptability. Based on these selection factors, you will be assigned an overall score out of 100.
The qualifying score is 67 points. If you achieve a score of 67 or more, you may be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
If you want to apply under the Federal Skilled Trades Program, you must:
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or
- A valid certificate of qualification in your skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.
- You must also meet the required language levels needed for your job and have at least two years of full-time, paid work experience (or an equal amount in part-time) in that skilled trade within the five years before you apply.
- You can only submit one application under the Federal Skilled Trades Program. You cannot submit an application if you're already in the process of applying for permanent residence under another economic immigration program.
Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class is for people who have already worked in Canada.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have at least one year of full-time (or an equal amount of part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the last 3 years before you apply.
- You must meet the minimum language requirement of English or French
- You must be able to pass a medical exam.
- You must be able to pass a security check.
Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program is for people who want to move to a specific province or territory in Canada.
PNP- Non-Express Entry process
The non-Express Entry process is as follows:
- First, you apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
- Keep in mind that you need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Next, if you’re nominated, you apply for permanent residence online.
- Afterwards, you have to get both a medical exam and a police check (certificate).
- Application processing times are typically longer than through Express Entry.
PNP-Express Entry process
There are two ways that you can apply for the online Express Entry process:
- You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream. If they agree to nominate you, then you can create (or update) your Express Entry profile to show that you have been nominated.
- You can create an Express Entry profile and select which preferred provinces or territories that you want to live in/apply for with specific interest towards those areas.
If a province or territory sends you an electronic notification of interest, you apply to their Express Entry stream.
If nominated, the province or territory will send you an electronic nomination certificate that you must accept.
There is no provincial nominee program in the province of Quebec.
Register for our Free Webinar
How to choose the right immigration program
There are many different immigration programs that you can apply for.
The program that you choose should be based on your individual circumstances and goals.
For example, if you're a skilled worker, you may want to apply for the Express Entry program.
If you have family members who are already Canadian citizens or permanent residents, you may want to apply for the Family Sponsorship program.
If you're a student, you may want to apply for the Study Permit program.
Each program has different eligibility requirements, so it's important to choose the one that's right for you.
If you're not sure which program to apply for, we can help you figure it out.
We can also help you with the application process and make sure that you are eligible for the program you want to apply for.
How to apply for a PR visa
- The first step is to create an account and log in to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
- Once you're logged in, select "Apply to come to Canada" from the drop-down menu.
- You'll be directed to a page where you can choose which program you want to apply for.
- The next step is to complete and submit the online EOI application.
- Once you receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) then the next step is to complete the online application form and pay the processing fees.
- You'll also need to provide supporting documents, such as your passport, photos, birth certificate, language test results and police clearance certificate etc.
- Once you've submitted your application, you'll need to provide your fingerprints and have your photo taken.
- IRCC will then review the application and decide whether or not you're eligible for a PR visa.
- If you are eligible, they'll send you a confirmation letter and you'll be issued a PR visa and you can then travel to Canada.
Applying for PR can be a complex and confusing process. It is important to make sure that you complete all of the required forms and submit them on time. You should also make sure that you include all of the required documents. If you are not sure about anything, you should consult with an immigration lawyer.
An immigration lawyer can help you with the application process and make sure that you are eligible for the program you want to apply for. They can also help you with any questions or concerns you have about moving to Canada.
ISA Global is India's leading immigration consultants and we can help you with all aspects of the Canada PR process.
|Canada PR Fee for Primary Applicant
|Right of PR Fee
|Spouse or Partner processing fee
|Dependent Child (Per child)
|Minimum CAD 250
|Rs. 7,000 approx.
|Biometrics Fees (per adult)
General Timeline for Canada Immigration
The entire process of immigrating to Canada can take anywhere from 9 months to a few years. It all depends on the immigration program you're applying for, your individual circumstances and how long it takes IRCC to process your application.
How to bring your family to Canada
If you're moving to Canada with your family, you'll need to include them in your application.
Each family member will be required to provide their details and pay the processing fees.
You'll also need to provide supporting documents for each family member, such as passports, photos, children's birth certificates and marriage certificates etc.
Once you've submitted your application, you'll need to provide your fingerprints and have your photo taken.
IRCC will review all the documents and decide whether or not each family member is eligible for a PR visa.
If they are, they'll send you a confirmation letter and you'll be issued a PR visa and you can then travel to Canada with your family.
Immigration Levels Plan
The Government of Canada plans to welcome nearly one million new permanent residents in 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025.</p>
In 2022, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) department is well on track to welcome more than 430,000 immigrants; a number which is set to rise in the coming years.
In 2023, their target is 465,000 new permanent residents (PRs), followed by 485,000 in 2024 and 500,000 in 2025.
In total, Canada is looking to welcome over 450,000 new immigrants each year under its Immigration Levels Plan--this number is the highest in Canadian history.
ISA Global Can Help You Immigrate to Canada
If you're interested in immigrating to Canada, ISA Global can help.
ISA Global is a leading immigration consultancy firm with years of experience in helping people immigrate to Canada.
We can help you choose the right immigration program, complete your application and provide support throughout the entire process.
We are a team of experienced immigration consultants who can help you with every step of the process, from choosing the right program to applying for your PR visa.
We also offer a range of other services, such as job search assistance and settlement support, to help you make a seamless transition to life in Canada.
Register with us at www.isaglobal.in and attend our free webinar on Canada Immigration
The easiest way to immigrate to Canada is through the Express Entry program. Express Entry is a points-based system that selects skilled workers for immigration to Canada.
No, you don't need a job offer to immigrate to Canada.
To become a Canadian citizen, you must first be a permanent resident of Canada.
You will need to meet certain requirements, such as living in Canada for at least three years and passing a citizenship test.
Once you've met all the requirements, you can apply for citizenship.
If your application is approved, you'll be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony, where you will take the Oath of Citizenship and receive your Canadian citizenship certificate.
Permanent residence is a status granted to immigrants who are authorized to live and work in Canada on a permanent basis.
Citizenship, on the other hand, is a status that grants you all the rights, such as privileges of being a Canadian, such as the right to vote and hold office.
There is no age limit for immigrating to Canada.
Read what our Customers say...
Cordial staff and organized way of working. I like their service.
In addition to Immigration assistance they help you to get ready to face the system. Helped me in IELTS preparation and score good in that.
Thanks for helping me to immigrate Canada. It was a great experience with ISA and their staff.
Overall experience was good. Worth a try.
Very helpful consultant and hassle free service.
Happy with their assistance in visa process. Good job.
They helped me through each and every step of the Express Visa process. I would not have been able to do it on my own.
ISA Global has a high reputation around the country and they are best in class agency which can even help people who have zero knowledge about the abroad education and career. From career counseling to exam preparations and visa process, everything is dealt at one place where success rate, customer satisfaction are very high.
They were really helpful and professional while resolving my concerns. I feel good about choosing ISA as my immigration assistant to Canada.
Heard about it from my friend. Interested in attending a seminar of them and then wanted to proceed further with that
Latest News for Canada Immigration